Number of days: 2-4 weeks
- 1 kg Seaweed. Either Eucheuma or Sargassum.
- 1 kg molasses
How to make Seaweed Extract
- Chop to tiny bits the seaweed.
- Put the chopped seaweed and molasses inside the jar.
- Cover the jar with paper and tie it with a string to secure it.
- Place the jar in a cool and dry place. Away from sunlight and rain. Leave it there for 2-4 weeks.
- After 2-4 weeks, separate the liquid from the solids. The liquid is the Seaweed Extract.
- The ratio of the seaweed to the molasses is 1kg to 1kg, respectively.
- If molasses are not readily available you can use brown sugar.