Number of Days to Make: 20 days
- 1 kilo of Fish trash (head, bone, intestines, scales, gills, etc)
- 1 kilo of molasses
How to Make
- Collect a kilo of Fish Trash.
- Place the Fish Trash inside the Jar.
- Put in a kilo of molasses in the Jar and mix.
- Cover the Jar with paper and tie it with the string.
- Place the jar in a cool dry place. Away from sunlight and rain. Leave it there for 20 days.
- After 20 days, separate the liquid from the solids. The liquid has the Fish Amino Acids (FAA).
[sam id=”6″ codes=”true”]
Ratio of Fish Trash to Molasses
- The advised ration is 1 kilo of Fish Trash is to 1 kilo of Molasses.
- All the parts of the fish can be used even its meat.
- I’ve tried looking for it on public markets in the Philippines, this is not readily available there.
- A good substitute is brown sugar. The browner the sugar the better.
- Do not use white sugar.
- You do not have to mix water with the brown sugar just to make it liquid. It will melt due to the fermentation of the mixture.
- If jars are not available in your location, you may substitute it would plastic water containers.
- Use what’s readily available in your area.
- It does not have to be fancy paper or bond paper. An ordinary paper will do.
- In fact, newspaper will do the job.
- If you’re not good with tying object like the mouth of a jar with paper this will come loose.
- Better if you use rubber bands.