Number of Days to Make: 8 Days
- 1 kilo of molasses
- 2 kilos of plant material (alugbati, talbos ng kamote, kangkong, etc.)
How to Make
- Chop the 2 kilos of Plant Material into little pieces. The size of a 10 Peso coin (1 inch diameter).
- Put the chopped Plant Material into the Jar
- Put the kilo of molasses in the jar and mix it with the Plant Material.
- Place the rock on the top to push the mixture down.
- Leave it for a day.
- Remove the rock the next day.
- Cover the jar with paper then tie it with a string.
- Place the jar in a cool and dry place. Away from rain and the sun. Leave it for 7 days to ferment.
- After 7 days, separate the liquid from the solids. The liquid/muddy mixture is the Fermented Plant Juice.
- Any plant will do as long as it is not poisonous.
- Better if you use plants that grow fast.
- You can also use trunk (saha) of banana and sprout of a bamboo.
- You can use many rocks if you cannot find a single big rock for your mixture.
- Only use rocks that will not break if place in liquid
- If jars are too expensive or are not readily available in your location you can use glass or plastic water containers.
- Any kind of paper as long as it could cover your wooden box.
- The readily available paper to almost all places in the Philippines is newspaper.
- Many times this could get loose. Use a rubber band instead.
- This will also prevent ants and other insects from entering.